Friday, February 13, 2015

A letter from the girl about celebrating V-day in two special ways


                You did two things for me.

The guy I dated last Valentine’s Day was from the same school I attended. He was the guy that every cheerleader’s cheering for, he was the guy that every guy’s friend would love to hang out to, because he’s simple and yet funny. He was the guy who kept his intelligence by himself and I know that because once, we’ve competed in a home economics test.  He may be sometimes getting a lot too serious about business matters but one day along the hallway I saw him smile. That was the day I thought that this guy might be my future. I know I get too fast and that’s not right, but one thing I know that the cupid thing was right. I am finally feeling the fast beating of my heart.

                Summer came along and I can’t remember how happy I am, because on summer camping, there he was, the guy who wears a simple t-shirt but look so handsome and the smile that can lift up even the heavy boxes. I am truly into him. The rest of the summer stories were a history. We didn’t talk, we didn’t hang out, but at least we know each other’s by name. And at that one shot of the night, he asked my number.

                If you watch too many movies, I bet you know what happened next. Valentine’s Day: I wear red dress, do my simple make-up trick and just lay back my long hair. Once upon time we thought we were lovers, we thought that everything was magical and alright. That was the first V-day I had with him and that is the good one.

                The second and maybe should I called the last V-day I celebrated it with him was the day I finally had to let go of him. It was hard and it was awful, I thought it was the end. I thought that celebrating that event is very stupid.


Until once upon a time again… while walking alone and celebrating V-day, crying. Someone offered me a bouquet of roses and there was the guy in the camp, the other guy I barely know but knows a lot of me. The other guy who always watched me, the other guy who was a friend with the g guy who left me, the other guy who got my number. He was that… guy and from that special day I didn’t walk alone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment