Tuesday, May 5, 2015

HARD. SWEET. TASTE. (My Own Version Of Liz Gilbert’s EAT. PRAY. LOVE.)


These past few weeks I’ve been reading a book from Liz Gilbert’s personal experiences and concurrence about the existence of her life. This book personally touches my heart and even my soul, for some reasons, while reading some part of her line; I suddenly stop reading and take a moment of myself by realizing that I also want to feel the same way she did feel. For now, this has been one of my favorite books and I also want to share to you the greatness of this book.
I decided to make my own version of this book and also trying to change the title that is related to my OWN experiences.
                “Even in my underpants, I feel different”
                                                                                                -Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)

HARD
I named the first part of my journey as hard, denoting that for me before the sweet life, you have to taste the hard part of your meal. It may be bitter, sour, too sweet or spicy. It depends on how you denote your “Hard meal”. But for me, I’ve been with those tastes. I experienced the bitter part of my hard meal. I’ve been broken too many times, I’ve been disappointed and surely been depressed for over thinking things that no matter how hard you think, it still doesn’t solve any of the problems. Sometimes I can’t control my thoughts, I overwhelmed with the ideas and thoughts coming out of my mind. I also experienced that sour taste of life, sometimes life gave me lemons but I made Taro tea instead of lemonade. Sometimes I can’t cope up. Life isn’t that unfair, yes he gave me a sweet life, but after tasting it I am not enjoying anymore, it is too sweet for my tooth, I might have a tooth ache. But don’t you worry sometimes it is too spicy that it heats up my nerves. It may be some adventures, some thrilling moment I’ve get to experienced or sometimes it is just a bubble, nothing out of it. I’ve been into a lot and I thought so you are. We all ate our “hard meal” but that just doesn’t stop, we have to remember that there’s still a dessert, a sweet dessert…  not too sweet, not too dull, just perfect the way it is.

SWEET
This is the benefit of the human welfare; we all have the chance to taste our desserts, it is given to us, you just have to SEE it before TASTING it. It is your choice between living in the grey line or stepping out of it. I am happy to taste a sweet dessert after a long day of hard work, it is all worth it. The important thing is to balance it, don’t taste too much; it might cause you a diabetes. What I’ve mostly learned in life is to patiently wait for the perfect dessert to be offer to you. Not all desserts are meant for you to taste, some are just life-offering piece, and life gives you a bit of taste and an aftertaste. But sooner, life will give you the dessert you’ve always wanted.

TASTE
For me, this is Liz’ “Pray” part, you’ve been full, you’ve been into the hard meal, then the dessert and of course, you’ve tasted them all. The catch here is, how do you respond to that taste? How will you manage to decide after tasting? Will you eat again? Or will you just finish the meal and get up? After the taste, sure you want to have a drink? Yes? And that’s essential. Do not just eat, but taste and then drink. Same as in life, do not just pass the problem, learn from it and then move forward and try again.
                “To find the balance you want, this is what you must become. You must keep your feet grounded so firmly on the earth that it’s like you have four legs, instead of two. That way, you can stay in the world. But you must stop looking at the world through your head. You must look through your HEART, instead. That way you will know GOD”

                                                                                -Ketut Liyer

1 comment: